You are probably familiar with the adage "less is more." but how well are you practicing these principles during your daily ablutions? Is there a product that you blaze through very quickly? Perhaps you feel like you need three pumps from your hair serum, when the desired effect could be achieved with only one. Do you find yourself re-applying your body lotion several times a day? We all need to adopt a frugal mindset when it comes to our resources. We all need to reduce, to use less, to conserve. Here is a checklist of things you can easily alter to conserve! Simply, use less of everything.
Bathroom Conservation Checklist
1. A pea-sized amount of toothpaste.
2. A quarter-sized amount of shampoo.
3. A half-cap of mouthwash. Use less but gargle longer.
5. Lotion should only be applied on rough/dry areas, not used extraneously.
6. A quarter-sized dollop of shaving cream.
7. A ten-minute shower uses about 25 gallons of water. Take a five-minute shower and save 12.5 gallons of water.
8. Foundation should be applied minimally to the T-zone and blended outward.
9. If you need a large amount of lipstick/eye shadow to create your look, this could be because the pigment is weak. Consider splurging on a more expensive eco-friendly brand of makeup with stronger pigment, so you can use less.
Got a tip or a post idea for us to write about on Planet Green? Email pgtips (at) treehugger (dot) com.