Bread tabs pile up quickly, and it's sometimes hard to know what to do with little piece of plastic. We at Naturally Savvy do know one thing: we don't want to throw them in the trash. If you're also looking for inventive ways to upcycle bread tabs look no further.
Here are our top 9 picks for reusing bread tabs:
1. For those times when you can't find a guitar pick to save your life, a bread tab does the trick.
2. Collect different colored tabs and use them as poker chips.
3. Readers' comments on several blogs suggest using the tabs as scrapers when washing pots and pans and even for scraping gunk off stovetops and counters.
4. Never search for the end of the roll of packing tape again—mark it with a bread tab.
5. Hook a tab on items at yard sales instead of using gunk-generating tape to mark prices.
6. Use them as mosaic tiles to create art. Want a visual? Check out this piece.
8. Bingo! Yep, you guessed it—use them for bingo chips. 9. Martha Stewart recommends using bread tabs to label electrical cords. When it comes time to toss the tabs, check to see if you can recycle them in your area. It's rare, but it is available in a few places. If they're headed for the landfill, cut the tabs into small pieces so birds and other wildlife don?t end up with them stuck in their beaks, mouths or throats.