Storage is a big challenge in any child's room. As parents and teachers know, kids aren't naturally neat, but they won't play with toys that are all in a jumble.
That's understandable -- you know how daunting a cleanup chore such as spring-cleaning the garage can feel, and you're a grown-up! For kids, it's just plain overwhelming.
To help children keep their books and playthings visible, accessible and orderly, the right storage pieces can make a real difference.
In the area shown here, study areas and active play zones are set up for youngsters' convenience. Shelves are shallow, drawers are ample and there's plenty of room to move around. A color scheme of bright white and primary hues boosts visibility and excitement.
A color scheme, especially with rich hues, can also be the main element of a decorating idea, as you'll see on the next page.
For more decorating ideas, see:
- Kids' Rooms
- Baby Nursery Decorating Ideas
- Toddlers' Bedroom Decorating Ideas
- Kids' Bedroom Decorating Ideas
- Teen Bedroom Decorating Ideas
- Playroom Decorating Ideas
- Kids' Bathroom Decorating Ideas
- How to Design Children's Rooms
- Safety Tips for Decorating Kids' Rooms
- Guide to Decorating Kids' Rooms
- Kids' Rooms Decor