The holidays are right around the corner, and we all want our home to look festive and inviting for family and friends. Give your table that elegant, festive look with a homemade centerpiece. Below are some decorating suggestions for your holiday table.
- Take three foam balls of different sizes.
- Attach the balls to each other with toothpicks or glue, in size order.
- Paint the balls the color of your choice or leave them white to look like snow.
- Add eyes, a nose and a mouth to the smallest ball. You can draw these on with markers, glue on plastic eyes and sequins for the nose and mouth, etc. Let your imagination soar!
- Add buttons down the center of the middle ball. As above, you can use sequins, markers, etc.
- Add arms made of toothpicks or pipe cleaners.
- Place your snowman in the center of the table.
- Buy florists' candles. These are long candles that come in a variety of thicknesses and colors.
- Place the candles in florist candle holders, in the center of the table. Leave ample space between the candles. You might want to try placing the candles on a mirror.
- Take a bunch of flowers of your choice, and a piece of florists' sponge.
- Trim the flowers' stems.
- Moisten the florists' sponge.
- Arrange the flowers in the florists' sponge. You can stick some red and white candy canes in the sponge as well.
- Place the sponge on a decorative platter, or in a decorative flower pot or basket. Your centerpiece is ready to adorn your table.
Mini-Christmas tree centerpiece
- Place a small Christmas tree on top of a small, gift-wrapped box.
- Attach the tree to the box, and place it in the center of the table