Rubber Tile Floors
- Make a rubber-tile floor look freshly waxed by adding 1 cup of fabric softener to 1/2 pail of water.
- The quickest way to clean a rubber-tile floor is to use an all-purpose cleaning solution. Read the product label for precautionary measures, and test it in a corner before using it on the entire floor.
- Occasionally remove wax buildup with a cleaner or wax stripper. Follow stripping with two thin coats of self-polishing wax; allow to dry between coats.
- Remove heel marks from rubber tile by dipping fine-grade (000) steel wool in liquid floor wax. Rub the spot gently, and wipe with a damp cloth.
- Solvent-base products can soften and damage a rubber-tile floor. Also, keep scouring pads, strong soaps, and hot water away from rubber tile.
- Flooding the floor with water will cause big problems; excess water can loosen the adhesives that hold down the flooring.