Wood Paneling and Woodwork
Woodwork is either painted, stained, or left natural with an oil or varnish finish. Like walls, it benefits from a regular cleaning routine. Here's how you should approach that routine:
- Vacuum or dust woodwork regularly.
- Keep a small container of matching paint or stain handy to touch up nicks and scratches.
- Wash the doors and window frames from the bottom up.
©2006 Publications International, Ltd.
Polish or wood cleaner can work wonders on your woodwork.
- Clean woodwork with a wood cleaner or polish. Do not use water-base cleaners on stained or natural woodwork except for light touch-ups that you buff quickly. Spray the cleaner on a cloth instead of directly on the wood.
- Many commercial oil and wax finishes are available. Follow the manufacturer's instructions.