- A good closet system can keep your things in good shape and easily accessible. But the best system in the world won't help if you simply have too much stuff. Rule No. 1: Purge before you organize!
- Suffering from "TMS": Too Much Stuff? A simple cure is to go through your closets and drawers and get rid of anything you don't wear or that doesn't fit. It will help free up some valuable space.
- One problem with clutter is that it hides what you have. Clear out that mess in your bedroom or home office and you just might find something you thought you lost.
- Buying new clothes is fine as long as you're willing to get rid of the clothes you don't wear anymore. Remember to set a limit on the space you allow for clothing and stick to it. When the space is full, it's time to purge before you buy.
- Eight-inch risers on your bed frame can give you valuable under-bed storage space as well as provide your bedroom with a more romantic feel.
Cleaning glass, whether it's a window or a mirror or a coffee table, is more about the tools than the elbow grease. With the right stuff in your bucket, you can get your glass streak-free.
Hurricanes can be extremely scary -- especially if your home is right in the path of a destructive Category 4 or 5 storm. But there are ways to prepare your family and home for when the next one makes landfall. Take our quiz to find out just how prepared you really are in case the big one hits!