Follow these steps to remove oil-base paint stains from leather or suede:
- Gently scrape to remove the excess.
- Mix a solution of mild soap in lukewarm water. Swish to create a great volume of suds.
- Apply only the foam with a sponge. Wipe with a clean dry cloth.
- If any stain remains, try rubbing with cleaners such as Tannery Vintage Leather Cleaner & Conditioner into the spot with a clean soft cloth. Allow it to dry.
- If stain persists, test a dry-cleaning solvent on an inconspicuous place. If safe to use, gingerly apply to the stained area, and allow it to dry.
- On leather only, follow with cleaners such as Tannery Vintage Leather Cleaner & Conditioner or Fiebing's Saddle Soap.