©2007 Publications International, Ltd.
These tomatoes are great slicing tomatoes.
Salads seem more complete with a ripe, red tomato. Sliced tomatoes, served on a bed of radicchio or arugula, drizzled with a flavored vinaigrette or balsamic vinegar, and topped with fresh basil can't be beat. Chopped fresh tomatoes add flavor, color, and nutrition to soups, stews, and casseroles. They're superb on hot pasta.
With a tomato, you get loads of flavor with very few calories. In the next section, we'll talk abut the health benefits of tomatoes.
Want more information about tomatoes? Try:
- Tomato Recipes: Cook with this delicious plant.
- How to Peel a Tomato: Learn how to chop, peel, and seed a tomato.
- How to Remove Tomato Stains: Have a spill? Learn how to get tomato stains out of everything.
- Vegetable Gardens: Grow a full harvest of great vegetables this year.
- Gardening: We answer your questions about all things that come from the garden.