Lots More Information
Leaf blowers — they’re hated by some, loved by others. HowStuffWorks looks at the etiquette and the legality of using the ubiquitous leaf blower.
Author's Note: 10 Things You Should Never Do to Your Lawn
Here are two things I've learned about lawn care: never weed whack in short pants and always wear safety goggles. Although you might be hard-pressed to wear shorts on a hot, humid day (and your goggles always steam up), don't do it if you're going to be trimming your lawn. I've been hammered by branches, rocks and other flotsam that slammed into my thighs and face as the weed whacker went about its business. So, as we used to say back in the day "be safe ... mow hard!"
- Bender, Steve. "Don't Be a Lawn Watering Dummy." Southern Living. July 12, 2011. (March 7, 2014) http://thedailysouth.southernliving.com/2011/07/12/dont-be-a-lawn-watering-dummy/
- Boyd, John. "Mowing Your Lawn." University of Arkansas Division of Agriculture. (March 6, 2014) http://www.uaex.edu/publications/PDF/FSA-6023.pdf
- Clark, Danielle. "Reasons for the Grass Turn Brown with Over-Fertilized. San Francisco Chronicle. (March 6, 2014) http://homeguides.sfgate.com/reasons-grass-turning-brown-overfertilized-66896.html
- Dream Yard. "Mowing Lawn." (March 5, 2014) http://www.dream-yard.com/mowing-lawn.html#.Ux2movldWSp#?1#?1#WebrootPlugIn#?1#?1#PhreshPhish#?1#?1#agtpwd
- Finneran, Rebecca. "Smart gardeners mulch fallen leaves into lawn to save money." Jan. 24, 2013. (March 6, 2014) http://msue.anr.msu.edu/news/smart_gardeners_mulch_fallen_leaves_into_lawn_to_save_money
- Haiken, Melanie. "Basic Lawn Care Tips." HGTV.com. (March 6, 2014) http://www.hgtv.com/landscaping/basic-lawn-care-tips/page-2.html
- Lowe, Judy. "Is it OK to now a wet lawn." The Christian Science Monitor. Aug. 29, 2008. (March 6, 2014) http://www.csmonitor.com/The-Culture/Gardening/diggin-it/2008/0829/is-it-ok-to-mow-a-wet-lawn
- National Coalition for Pesticide-Free Lawns. "Read Your Weeds: A Simple Guide to Creating a Healthy Lawn." (March 6, 2014) http://www.beyondpesticides.org/pesticidefreelawns/resources/Read%20Your%20Weeds-Organic%20Lawns.pdf
- Throssel, Clark. "Lawn damage from ice melt products." Greenview Fertilizer.com (March 5, 2014) http://www.greenviewfertilizer.com/articles/ice-melt-lawn-damage
- Weekend Gardener. "Mushrooms in Lawn." (March 7, 2014) http://www.weekendgardener.net/plant-diseases/mushrooms-090809.htm
- West Virginia State University. "'Don't Bag it' Mulcher Mower Research Project Summary WVU Extension Service." (March 5, 2014) http://www.wvu.edu/~agexten/hortcult/turf/dontbagt.htm