The premise of a bubbler is that the water bubbles out of the pump and flows back down into the basin to be recirculated. Because the water doesn't flow like a typical fountain, there's no need for a spout or a second basin. You can buy an already made bubbler or turn any small garden pot into one with a pump, some rocks and some pool tubing. You can also make them small enough to be portable, so they can be easily moved around your garden.
- "32 inspiring garden fountains." Sunset.com, 2010. http://www.sunset.com/garden/backyard-projects/great-ideas-fountains-00400000045254/
- "How to Make a Slate Water-Wall Feature." Hgtv.com, 2010. http://www.hgtv.com/home-improvement/how-to-make-a-slate-water-wall-feature/index.html
- McClure, Mary Fran. "Small water features can be soothing addition to garden." Wenatcheeworld.com, June 21, 2010. http://www.wenatcheeworld.com/news/2010/jun/21/small-water-features-can-be-soothing-addition-to/
- "Niagara Falls." World-of-waterfalls.com, 2010. http://www.world-of-waterfalls.com/eastern-us-niagara-falls.html
- "Planting Water Features." Hgtv.com, 2010. http://www.hgtv.com/landscaping/planting-water-features/pictures/index.html
- "Pond Plants I Water Lily Pads and Aquatic Plants Are Good For Your Water Garden." Garden-pond-filters.com, 2010.
- Prichard, Beau. "About the Bellagio Fountains." Travels.com, 2010. http://www.travels.com/destinations/usa/the-bellagio-fountains/
- Tate, Randall. "Disappearing Waterfalls & Fountains." Watergarden.com, 2010. http://watergarden.com/store/docs/Waterfall-Kits/building-disappearing-waterfall.htm
- "Water Features for Any Budget." Hgtv.com, 2010. http://www.hgtv.com/landscaping/water-features-for-any-budget/pictures/index.html
Looking for some recipes from your backyard? Check out our From Garden to Table: Recipes from Your Backyard article now!