Lots More Information
Author's Note: How often should you dust your dorm room?
I don't remember doing much dusting during college; when it came to cleaning, there were bigger issues at hand than whether or not dust was accumulating on the books. It wasn't the stats about dust mites that stuck with me when researching this article -- it was the one about how single guys in their early 20s really only change their sheets about 4 times every year.
More Great Links
- Berger, William E. "Controlling Dust and Dander in Your Home." Asthma for Dummies. April 2004. (Aug. 22, 2013) http://www.dummies.com/how-to/content/controlling-dust-and-dander-in-your-home.html
- Decarbo, Beth. "Quick Cures/Quack Cures: When to Clean the Sheets." The Wall Street Journal. April 23, 2012. (Aug. 22, 2013) http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052702303459004577361911935936578.html
- Environmental Working Group (EWG). "Healthy Home Tips: tip 8 - Get Rid Of That (Toxic) Dust." (Aug. 22, 2013) http://www.ewg.org/research/healthy-home-tips/tip-8-get-rid-toxic-dust
- Kluger, Jeffrey. "What's in Household Dust? Don't Ask." TIME. Feb. 23, 2010. (Aug. 22, 2013) http://www.time.com/time/health/article/0,8599,1966870,00.html
- Lehrer, Kristin. "8 Easy Ways to Eliminate Dust In Your Home." Fox News Magazine. Sept. 11, 2012. (Aug. 22, 2013) http://magazine.foxnews.com/at-home/8-easy-ways-reduce-dust
- Lyon, William F. "Ohio State University Extension Fact Sheet: Entomology. House Dust Mites." The Ohio State University. http://ohioline.osu.edu/hyg-fact/2000/2157.html
- Smallman, Etan. "Whoah! Single men wash their sheets 'four times a year'." Metro. Aug. 21, 2013. (Aug. 22, 2013) http://metro.co.uk/2013/08/21/men-wash-their-sheets-four-times-a-year-new-survey-claims-3933231/
- U.S. Environmental Protection Agency. "Guide to Air Cleaners in the Home." EPA 402-F-08-004. May 2008. (Aug. 22, 2013) http://www.epa.gov/iaq/pubs/airclean.html