No dorms for me, but I did live in an on-campus apartment for families. And yes, we did have roaches on occasion. The buildings were very old, and we had lots of people moving in and out all of the time. Sound familiar? The apartments were exterminated on a monthly basis, so I rarely had to deal with more than one bug, thankfully. But I've seen how messy some people can be when it comes to food, and maybe a particularly immature college student hasn't yet learned how to clean up after himself. I'd imagine that finding bugs around might help him clean up his act!
- Cress, Rebecca. "Several residence halls infested with rodents, ants." The Dartmouth Staff. Feb. 7. 2008. (July 18, 2012) http://thedartmouth.com/2008/02/07/news/infestation/
- Lloyd, Jennifer. "Bedbugs found in UTSA residence halls." San Antonio Express News. March 22, 2012. (July 18, 2012) http://www.mysanantonio.com/news/education/article/Bedbugs-found-in-UTSA-residence-halls-3425240.php
- Madden, Stephanie, et al. "BED BUGS: Back and Biting Series." Resident Life. 2012. (July 18, 2012) http://reslife.net/html/hottopic_0109a.html
- Marush, Gabrielle. "Bed bugs found in five residence halls." The GW Hatchet. Nov. 18, 2010. (July 18, 2012) http://www.gwhatchet.com/2010/11/18/bed-bugs-found-in-five-residence-halls/
- Telson, Danielle. "Rodents scurry into residence halls." The GW Hatchet. Sept. 8, 2011. (July 18, 2012) http://www.gwhatchet.com/2011/09/08/rodents-scurry-into-residence-halls/
- University of Florida Department of Housing and Residence Education. "Bed Bugs!" Sept. 24, 2009. (July 18, 2012) http://saacurh.housing.ufl.edu/facilities/bedbugs.php