Eremurus, a flower known as the foxtail lily, desert candles, or the giant asphodel (Eremurus hybrids) originally came from the mountainous regions of west and central Asia.
Available in late spring and summer, the three to eight foot stems are covered with small, star-shaped flowers.
The flowers come in white and shades of yellow, cream, pink, salmon, and orange. Buy when the bottom flowers are beginning to open.
Condition by cutting off the bottoms of the stems and putting them in warm water. Eremurus will last several weeks if you remove flowers at the bottom as they wither.
Want to learn how to create an arrangement using this flower? See:
- How to Arrange Flowers
- Making a Flower Arrangement
- Flower Arrangement Materials
- Using a Water Pick to Arrange Flowers
- Making a Flower Foil Basket
- How to Make a Corsage
- How to Make a Bouquet
- How to Make a Floral Pet Poodle
- Using Dry Plants in Flower Arrangements
- The Significance of Flowers
- Rose Gardens
- House Plants