Lots More Information
A new website is designed to bring farmers and heirloom seeds together. HowStuffWorks takes a look at why seed saving is more important than ever.
- Botts, Beth. "5 things to know about using fertilizer in the garden." The Seattle Times, July 12, 2008. http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/homegarden/2008047227_gardenfertilizer12.html
- "How to test your soil, and how to change the pH level." Howtogardenadvice.com, 2011. http://www.howtogardenadvice.com/soil_prep/ph_soil_testing.html''
- Janssen, Don. "Thinning Plants in the Garden." Unl.edu, 2011. http://lancaster.unl.edu/hort/articles/2007/ThinPlants.shtml
- Lewis, Katina. "Four Cool Weather Crops for Your Vegetable Garden." Doityourself.com, 2010. http://www.doityourself.com/stry/fourcoolweather
- McGrath, Mike. "Be Smart! Be Thrifty! Be Really Cool! Get Your Soil Tested!" www.whyy.org, 2010. http://www.whyy.org/91FM/ybyg/soiltests2.html
- Palazzo, Richard. "In the garden: Too much water can be as bad as too little." Norwichbulletin.com, July 9, 2009. http://www.norwichbulletin.com/living/x1885888905/In-the-garden-Too-much-water-can-be-as-bad-as-too-little#axzz1HpfB2LGn
- "Things You Should Know About Gardening." Coolgardenthings.net, 2010. http://coolgardenthings.net/gardening/245/things-you-should-know-about-gardening/
- "Watering Home Gardens and Landscape Plants." Wsu.edu, 2011. http://gardening.wsu.edu/library/lanb002/lanb002.htm
- "Why Mulch? 6 Benefits of Mulching." Doityourself.com, 2010. http://www.doityourself.com/stry/why-mulch-6-benefits-of-mulching