Keeping a water garden attractive and healthy is surprisingly easy. The following tips will help.
- Occasionally remove plants to prune away dead or dying leaves. While you're at it, insert fertilizer tablets, about one per five quarts, into their containers.
- Remove any dead leaves and other organic material that has accumulated on the pool bottom.
- An occasional spray with a hose will knock any aphids that have developed on plant leaves into the water where fish will eat them.
- Clean the filter occasionally according to the manufacturer's instructions.
- Add water as necessary to maintain the proper water level.
Keep reading to learn about winter care for your water garden.Looking for more information about water gardens? Try these links:
- How to Build a Water Garden: Check out tips and advice for building your water garden.
- How to Install a Water Garden Pond: Learn how to install a water garden pond by using a flexible liner or prefabricated pool.
- Water Garden Plants: Explore the different plants you can choose for your water garden.
- Water Gardens: Check out everything you need to know to get started on your own water garden.
- Gardening: Learn the basics of successful gardening.