Lots More Information
More Great Links
- American Council for an Energy-Efficient Economy (ACEEE). "Major Home Appliance Efficiency Gains to Deliver Huge National Energy and Water Savings and Help to Jump Start the Smart Grid." Aug. 3, 2010. (9/7/2010) http://www.aceee.org/press/2010/08/major-home-appliance-efficiency-gains-deliver-huge-natio
- American Council for an Energy-Efficient Economy. "Laundry." June 2010. (9/7/2010) http://www.aceee.org/node/3072
- Bansal, P.K., Braun, J.E., Groll, E.A. "Improving the energy efficiency of conventional tumbler clothes drying systems." International Journal of Energy Research. Vol. 25. 1315-1332. 2001.
- Bansal, P., Islam, S., Sharma, K. "A novel design of a household clothes tumbler dryer." Applied Thermal Engineering. Vol. 30. 277-285. 2010.
- California Energy Commission, Consumer Energy Center. 2010. (9/7/10) http://www.consumerenergycenter.org/home/appliances/dryers.html
- Consumer Reports Home & Garden Blog. 6/21/2010. (9/7/2010) http://blogs.consumerreports.org/home/2010/06/review-of-clothers-dryers-save-energy-when-drying-clothes-clotheslines-moisture-sensor-best-dryers-.html
- Eastment, M. and Hendron, R. "Method for Evaluating Energy Use of Dishwashers, Clothes Washers, and Clothes Dryers." National Renewable Energy Laboratory Conference Paper. August 2006.
- Energy Star. "What About Clothes Dryers?" (9/7/2010) http://www.energystar.gov/index.cfm?c=clotheswash.pr_clothes_dryers
- Federal Trade Commission. "Energy Guidance: Appliance Shopping With the EnergyGuide Label." April 2008. (9/17/2010) http://www.ftc.gov/bcp/edu/pubs/consumer/homes/rea14.shtm
- Flex Your Power. "Clothes Dryers." 2010. (9/7/2010). http://www.fypower.org/res/tools/products_results.html?id=100144
- Lee, J., Hoeller, N., Rogers, D., Musnier, S., Salustri, F.A. "An Empirical Study of Energy Efficiency of Clothes Dryers." International Conference on Engineering Design, ICED'09. 2009.
- Lowe, Mary. "Laundry Technology: Heat Pump Dryer." Appliance Design. June 2005. (9/15/2010) http://www.appliancedesign.com/Articles/Feature_Article/f561a3405ca38010VgnVCM100000f932a8c0____
- New York Times. "It Works for a Car, Why Not for Clothes?" 1/12/2009. (9/7/2010) http://green.blogs.nytimes.com/2009/01/12/it-works-for-a-car-why-not-for-clothes/
- Ng, Ah Bing and Deng, Shiming. "A new termination control method for a clothes drying process in a clothes dryer." Applied Energy. Vol. 85. 818-829. 2008.
- Nipkow, J and Bush, E. "Promotion of energy-efficient heat pump dryers." Energy Efficiency in Domestic Appliances and Lighting (EEDAL) Conference. 2006.
- Taddonio, Kristen. Analyst/Manager of Energy Star Appliances. E-mail correspondence. 9/16/2010.
- U.S. Department of Energy, Energy Efficiency and Renewable Energy. "Laundry." 1/22/2009. (9/7/2010) http://www1.eere.energy.gov/consumer/tips/laundry.html