Liven Up Your Living Room
- Bring out the rich colors of fall-burnt orange, raspberry, deep green-with throws and accent pillows.
- Add a hint of fall's harvest with cinnamon or pumpkin-scented candles.
- Panel curtains with pockets (you can buy these at home stores, or make them yourself if you're handy with a sewing machine) can hold leaves (real or artificial) to bring the beauty of autumn trees indoors.
- Use family photographs to enhance the seasonal décor: put out pictures of the kids in Halloween costumes, raking leaves, or doing fall activities.
- Bowls of candy corn, caramels, and other "tricks or treats" are enticing touches.
- A bowl of seasonal pears-in any color or variety of colors-is beautiful and delicious.