Brighten Up Lighting
The lighting in a room determines a lot about how warm or cool it feels. As tweens grow older, they'll probably spend more time in their room, and you want that space to be as comfortable as possible. Multiple light sources give tweens greater control over the atmosphere in the room as. To revamp the look of a bedroom with lighting, here are a just a few ideas:
- Hang holiday lights around the ceiling for a soft glow.
- String brightly colored lantern-style lights for a festive accent in a lounge area.
- Achieve a retro cool look with a lava lamp on a desk or dresser.
- Create a college dorm-style room with kitschy neon signs.
- Add table lamps with colored lampshades to coordinate with wall coverings and bedding.