There are Rules to Decorating
There are guidelines to a successful decorating scheme, but there are no hard and fast rules. You want your home to accommodate how you and your family live, as well as give visitors a sense of who you are and what you like. The one guideline you should keep in mind is to decorate within the parameters of the existing architecture of your home. A modern decorating scheme will seem out of place in a craftsman bungalow.
- "5 Tips for Fooling the Eye and Making a Room Look Bigger." Freshome.com, 2010. http://freshome.com/2007/05/29/5-tips-for-fooling-the-eye-and-making-a-room-look-bigger/
- Connors, Jill. "How to Choose the Right Colors for Your Rooms." Thisoldhouse.com, 2010. http://www.thisoldhouse.com/toh/article/0,,1125002,00.html
- McRae, Shelly. "Decorating Myths that Lead to Bad Design." Hubpages.com, 2010. http://hubpages.com/hub/decoratingmythsthatleadtobaddesign
- "Should My Ceilings and Walls Be Painted the Same Color?" doityourself.com, 2010. http://www.doityourself.com/stry/ceilingwallcolor
- "Ten Top Interior Design Myths Dispelled - Dos and Don'ts For Successful Interior Decorating." Handyamerican.com, 2010. http://www.handyamerican.com/articles-myths-interior-decorating.asp
- Vaknin, Batsheva. "Furniture Placement Secrets." Pioneerthinking.com, 2010. http://www.pioneerthinking.com/bv_placement.html
- "What is an "Antique"? Refinishwizard.com, 2010.http://www.refinishwizard.com/what_is_an_antique_definition.html
- "Where Does The Expression "Flying By The Seat Of Your Pants" Come From?" blurtit.com, 2010.http://www.blurtit.com/q463361.html
The round papasan chair seemed to be everywhere back in the day. HowStuffWorks delves into the history of the papasan chair.