Baby Changing Table
This one is controversial because it can be a convenient tool if you have the room and budget for it. But the fact is that you can change a baby anywhere, and the top of a plain low chest of drawers will work just fine. Yes, changing tables are just the right height, but we don't like furniture items that can't multitask unless they're essential, like a crib, or have a very long useful life, like a chair. If you have money to burn, go for it, but chances are you'll think it was a silly extra before too long. The one exception is a changing table and dresser combo where the table can be removed, leaving the dresser to function as a handy piece of kid's room furniture.
- Daniel. Susan and Debbie Overstreet. "Your Baby's Nursery? What You Will Need." Mullins Daycare. 2005. (1/12/11).http://www.pleasanton-daycare-childcare.com/articles/29257.php
- EPA. "Greenversations - The Future: Energy-Producing Diapers." 11/19/09. (1/12/11).http://blog.epa.gov/blog/2009/11/19/the-future-energy-producing-diapers/
- Linsley, Leslie. "First Home." Nantucket Press. 1998.
- Momaroo. "Operation Nursery in Progress." 10/24/08. (1/12/11).http://www.momaroo.com/679474254/operation-nursery-in-progress/
- Morrissey, Suzanne, Emma Sarran, and Joanna Smith. "25+ Nursery Design Ideas. Undated. (1/11/11).http://www.parents.com/baby/nursery/design/design-ideas/
- Oxenreider Tsh. "The Things You Don't Need (But They Say You Do) For a New Baby." Simple Mom. 2/19/10. (1/12/11).http://simplemom.net/the-things-you-dont-need-but-they-say-you-do-for-a-new-baby/
- Rude, Roo. "Children's Rooms in a Weekend." Betterway Books. 2002
- Town and Country Pediatrics. "Baby Care." Undated. (1/12/11).http://www.townandcountrypeds.com/test_tips_adviceBaby.htm
Are you looking how to involve your kids in room decorating? Read our guide on How to Involve Your Kids in Room Decorating now!