While you work to transform the nursery into a kid's room for your youngster, don't make the mistake of leaving baby accessories lying around. You may need those items again later, but for the time being, pack them up and put them out of sight in the garage, basement or attic. Your child is moving on to bigger things, so help him make the transition by getting the baby artifacts out of the way.
- American Modern Living. "Kid's Rooms." Undated. (1/12/11).http://www.americanmodernliving.com/kids-room/
- Better Homes and Gardens. "13 Kid Clutter Solutions." Undated. (1/14/11).http://www.bhg.com/home-improvement/storage/around-the-house/kid-clutter-solutions/?page=7
- Canadian Family. "How to Convert Your Nursery into a Big-Kid Bedroom." 12/06. (1/14/11).http://www.canadianfamily.ca/articles/slideshow/mod-bedroom-makeover/
- Linsley, Leslie. "First Home." Nantucket Press. 1998.
- McGolerick, Elizabeth Weiss. "Nursery To Toddler To Kid's Room." She Knows. 9/14/10. (1/12/11).http://www.sheknows.com/videos/articles/817944/Easy-ways-to-switch-a-nursery-to-a-kid-s-room
- Pottery Barn Kids. "Nurseries with Room to Grow." Undated. (1/12/11).http://www.potterybarnkids.com/stylehouse/nurseries/room-to-grow.html
- Rude, Roo. "Children's Rooms in a Weekend." Betterway Books. 2002
- Town and Country Pediatrics. "Baby Care." Undated. (1/12/11).http://www.townandcountrypeds.com/test_tips_adviceBaby.htm
- Warden, Alicia. "Nursery Ideas That Grow." Undated. (1/12/11).http://www.parents.com/baby/nursery/design/nursery-to-toddler-room/
Are you looking how to involve your kids in room decorating? Read our guide on How to Involve Your Kids in Room Decorating now!