Have a Field Day
Balance, harmony, focal points, connections -- all these rules can make eclectic decorating seem downright stressful.
It can be a challenge to make it work, but don't get bogged down. Pinpoint the ethnic styles that move you and the pieces that make you feel at home, choose from among those the styles that complement one another, and go with it. Try out different combinations, and see what works. Buy some low-cost décor first, until you feel confident about your style selections, and that way, if you decide to go in a different direction, you haven't blown your budget.
Plus, chances are, you'll find a place for everything you love. Simply pull a single ethnic style through the majority of your house, and mix up the accompaniments. You may discover a sense of excitement as you go from room to room.
For more information on cultural décor, eclectic decorating and other home style topics, look over the links below.
- Bartholomew, Kitty. "Ethnic Decorating." HGTV. (March 31, 2011)http://www.hgtv.com/decorating/ethnic-decorating/index.html
- "Decorating Styles: Eclectic Decorating." TLC Home. (March 31, 2011)https://tlc.howstuffworks.com/home/decorating-styles4.htm
- "Eclectic Decorating Style." Great Home Decorating. (March 31, 2011)http://www.great-home-decorating.com/EclecticDecorating.html
- "Eclectic Style 101." HGTV. (March 31, 2011)http://www.hgtv.com/decorating-basics/eclectic-style-101/index.html
- Pavone, Camila. "Combine Design Styles like a Pro." HGTV. (March 31, 2011)http://www.hgtv.com/decorating-basics/combine-design-styles-like-a-pro/pictures/index.html
Trying to find how to use Christmas fragrances in your decorations? Read our article How to Use Christmas Fragrances in Your Decorations now!