A ladder can be a great tool, but only if you show it the respect it deserves. When you use a ladder, keep reminding yourself that heights are dangerous, and be carefully observant at all times.
- Situate ladders on stable, level surfaces.
- Lock A-frame ladders in the open position.
- Never step on the top two rungs of a ladder.
- Lean ladders against vertical surfaces with a one-foot spread at the base for every 4 feet of height.
- Never use aluminum ladders near utility poles or around electrical wires.
- Never place a ladder in front of a door that swings outward unless the door is locked.