Installing a home security system or even just exterior lights that run on timers is a good way to ramp up security around the old homestead and make your house safer whether you're around or not. One of the nice things about these features is that they're working when you're awake, asleep, on vacation or hosting an outdoor barbecue. They fade into the background as far as you're concerned, but still make your property less attractive to opportunistic thieves.
- Costello, Caroline. "9 Tips to Keep your Home Safe While on Vacation." MSNBC. 10/13/09. 6/21/10.http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/33004716/ns/travel-tips/
- Dawson, Michael. "Going on Vacation?" Move.com. Undated. 6/22/10.http://www.move.com/home-garden/home-maintenance/home-safety-security/tips-to-keep-your-home-safe-when-youre-away.aspx
- Eisenberg, Paul. "How to Keep Your House Safe While You're Away." Fox News. 5/13/09. 6/21/10.http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,519954,00.html
- FOH. "Vacation Travel Safety." Undated. 6/21/10.http://www.foh.dhhs.gov/NYCU/vacation.asp
- Irish, Lisa. "Keep Your Home Safe While on Vacation." 5/26/10. 6/21/10http://www.dcourier.com/main.asp?SectionID=1&SubSectionID=1&ArticleID=81506
- TampaBay.com "Keep Your Home Safe While You're on Vacation." 6/8/10. 6/21/10.http://www.tampabay.com/features/homeandgarden/keep-your-home-safe-while-youre-on-vacation/1100639
- Tempe.gov. "Home Security." Undated, 6/20/10.http://www.tempe.gov/cpu/homesec.htm
- USPS. "Hold Mail Service." Undated. 6/20/10.https://holdmail.usps.com/holdmail/landingView.do
Looking for a way to update your kitchen in a flash? Read our article DIY Backsplash: How to Update Your Kitchen in a Flash now!