It actually is possible to incorporate popular stainless steel appliances into a rustic kitchen. The key is to surround the modern-looking appliances with plenty of Old World charm with the countertops and cabinetry. For a more authentic look, seek out retro appliances. Modern manufacturers make retro appliances that fit in well with your rustic design. The stove top may be made from a glossy white porcelain or have a cast iron topper. Your fridge choice could be brand-new but look like it came from the 1950s. You could also choose a standard fridge with a wood veneer front to allow it to blend in to the surrounding cabinetry.
- "Fridges." Bigchillfridge.com, 2011.http://bigchillfridge.com/site/
- Garskof, Josh. "All About Stone Countertops." Thisoldhouse.com, 2011. http://www.thisoldhouse.com/toh/article/0,,20297326,00.html
- "Hardwood Kitchen Flooring." Thesexykitchen.com, 2011. http://www.thesexykitchen.com/hardwood-kitchen-flooring.html
- "History Behind Adirondack Chairs." Adirondackchairs.com, 2010. http://www.adirondackchairs.com/adirondack-chairs/adirondackchairhistoryarticle.cfm
- "History of Heart Pine." Appalachianhardwoods.com, 2010. http://www.appalachianwoods.com/Heart-Pine-History.htm
- "Photos: Rustic Kitchens." Kitchens.com, 2011.http://www.kitchens.com/photos/rustic.aspx
- "Real Wood Floors: Reclaimed Wood Flooring is the Ultimate Green Choice." Appalachianwoods.com, 2010. http://www.appalachianwoods.com/flooring/reclaimed-wood-flooring-ultimate-green.htm
- "Reclaimed Real Wood Box Beams." Fauxwoodbeams.com, 2011. http://www.fauxwoodbeams.com/wood-beams-reclaimed.php
- "Rustic Kitchen Designs." Clever-kitchen-designs.com, 2011.http://www.clever-kitchen-designs.com/Rustic-Kitchen-Designs.html
- "What Exactly Is Linoleum And What Are Its Benefits?" Home-style-choices.com, 2011. http://www.home-style-choices.com/linoleum-flooring.html
Looking for a way to update your kitchen in a flash? Read our article DIY Backsplash: How to Update Your Kitchen in a Flash now!