Don't Let the Door...
Burglars can make their way into your home through windows, but it's a lot easier to get in through the door. So make sure all of your doors are solid core rather than hollow. Just give a piece of hardwood a good kick and you'll appreciate the difference. For an added layer of protection, install a metal screen door or a hurricane door, which offers break-proof glass, in front of your entry door.
- "10 ways to crime-proof your home." Selfdefensepsa.com, 2010. www.selfdefensepsa.com/10_ways_to_crime-proof_your_home.pdf
- "Aluminum Recycling Facts." Recycling-revolution.com, 2010. http://www.recycling-revolution.com/recycling-facts.html
- "Are Burglars More Likely To Break-in To Your Home During The Day or The Night." Endtorture.net, 2010. http://endtorture.net/are-burglars-more-likely-to-break-in-to-your-home-during-the-day-or-the-night/
- "Crime-proof Your Home." Corneliuspd.com, 2010. http://www.corneliuspd.org/component/content/article/62-safety-tips/267-crime-proof-your-home
- "Crime Proofing Your Home." Duhaime.org, 2010. http://www.duhaime.org/CrimeandSafety/LawArticle-52/Crime-Proofing-Your-Home.aspx
- Cummings, Ann. "Make Your Home As Safe As You Can." Realltown.com, 2010. http://www.realtown.com/AnnCummings/blog/homeowner-tips-advice/crime- http://en.allexperts.com/q/Locksmithing-3110/Proper-deadbolt-installation.htm
- "Identity Theft Surveys and Studies." Privacyrights.org, 2010. http://www.privacyrights.org/ar/idtheftsurveys.htm
- "Neighbor." Answers.com, 2010. http://www.answers.com/topic/neighbor
Whether it's getting rid of a wart, protecting your boots from the elements or crafting roses, duct tape is up to the challenge. Duct tape even played a supporting role on the Apollo 13 lunar mission.