Lots More Information
Related HowStuffWorks Articles
More Great Links
- Association of Lifecasters International. "A Brief History of Plaster and Gypsum." (May 13, 2009)http://www.artmolds.com/ali/history_plaster.html
- Barber, Warren. Product manager for Georgia Pacific Gypsum, LLC. Personal correspondence. May 18, 2009.
- Binsacca, Rich. The Home Building Process: Everything You Need to Know to Work With Contractors and Subcontractors. Home Planners. 1999.
- Ferguson, Myron R. Drywall: Professional Techniques for Great Results. The Taunton Press. 2002.
- Getty Conservation Institute. Newsletter 7.3. Fall 1992. (May 13, 2009)http://www.getty.edu/conservation/publications/newsletters/7_3/nefertari.html
- Gloria, James. Period Homes. "Venetian Plaster." (May 13, 2009)http://www.period-homes.com/3-venetian.htm
- Gypsum Association. "Media Guide." (May 18, 2009)http://www.gypsum.org/mediaguide.html
- Heberle, Dave and Richard M. Scutella. How to Plan, Contract and Build Your Own Home. The McGraw-Hill Companies, Inc. 2005.
- Lord, Peter and Noelle. Old House Journal. "Repairing Plaster Cracks." (May 20, 2009)http://www.oldhousejournal.com/Repairing_Plaster_Cracks/magazine/1072
- MacDonald, Mary Lee. U.S. Department of Interior, National Park Service, Technical Preservation Services. "Preservation Briefs 21: Repairing Historic Flat Plaster--Walls and Ceilings." October 1989. (May 13, 2009)http://www.nps.gov/history/hps/TPS/briefs/brief21.htm
- Nash, George. Do-It-Yourself Housebuilding: The Complete Handbook. Sterling Publishing Company. 1995.
- National Gypsum Company. "Gypsum Rock--The Raw Mineral." (May 14, 2009)http://www.nationalgypsum.com/about/company_info/gypmaterial.aspx
- Oren Plastering Company. "Plaster: A History." (May 13, 2009)http://www.oren.usa.com/page2.html
- Pedracine, Steven. Executive director of the Minnesota Lath & Plaster Bureau. Personal interview. May 5, 2009.
- The Metropolitan Museum of Art, Department of European Paintings. "Italian Painting of the Later Middle Ages: Fresco." In Heilbrunn Timeline of Art History. The Metropolitan Museum of Art. October 2001. (May 19, 2009)http://www.metmuseum.org/toah/hd_fres.htm
- Wagner, John D. Drywall: Pro Tips for Hanging and Finishing. Creative Homeowner. 2006.