Combining a floor lamp and a hamper, the Surprise by Design team created a dual-purpose lamp that is both useful and illuminating. Now, you can too!
- Find a floor lamp that you would like to use as the base for your Lamper. Lamps that work best are fairly simple in design. Ideally, you should use ones with non-tapered poles and wooden bases, as they fit best in the hamper.
- Find a hamper that has a lid and is large enough to hold your floor lamp. If your lamp's base is too large, you can cut it (for lamps with wooden bases).
- Place the lamp into the hamper.
- Measure out where the lamp pole sits in the hamper.
- Mark on the lid of the hamper where the pole will stick through.
- Cut the top of the lid.
- Remove the lampshade and slip the lid of the hamper onto the lamp.
- Reattach the shade and your lamper is complete.