Create window treatments out of the branches from a willow tree to add a soothing, natural touch to your windows.
- With your chosen fabric, sew a 1/2-inch hem.
- Next, cut a few pieces of willow into 1-inch-long sticks. Remember to leave a long willow branch for your curtain rod.
- Sew the 1-inch willow sticks onto the hem every 8 inches or so.
- Apply 2 or more screws above the window where you would like to place a rod.
- Using a tall willow branch, apply a foot and a half of wire at the bottom of 1 bunch.
- Then take 6 to 8 inches of wire and wrap it around each screw.
- Wrap the willow up into the wires around the screws.
- Take 3 inches of wire and wrap it around the willow sticks sewn onto the curtain.
- Wrap the wire applied to the willow on the curtain around your willow rod.