The dual-purpose home office/guest room is frighteningly easy to reclutter because it gets so much use. To keep it functional, clean and organized, consider hiring a cleaning service for weekly, monthly or quarterly care, depending on what you need. If professional help isn't for you, commit to a cleaning and organizing schedule broken down to weekly, monthly and biannual chores. Don't forget to sanitize surfaces that germs really love, like keyboards and telephones.
- Better Homes and Gardens. "Guest Bedroom Ideas." 2011. (Dec. 30, 2011) http://www.bhg.com/rooms/bedroom/makeovers/guest-bedroom-ideas/#page=2
- Ikea. "Sofa Beds." March 31, 2010. (Dec. 30, 2011) http://www.ikea.com/us/en/search/?query=sofa+bed
- JC Penney. "JC Penney Twin Sleeper Chair." March 31, 2010. (Dec. 30, 2011) http://www5.jcpenney.com/jcp/X5.aspx?DeptID=57087&catid=64460&cmAMS_T=X4&cmAMS_C=C3B&ViewMore=True&CmCatId=EXTERNAL|64457
- Room Divider Store. "Room Divider Types." March 31, 2010. (Dec. 30, 2011) http://www.roomdividerstore.com
- Wakefield, Jane. "Google Your Way to a Wacky Office." BBC News. March 13, 2008. (Dec. 30, 2011) http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/7290322.stm
Living in clutter can actually be very bad for your health, both physical and mental. HowStuffWorks digs into the mess.