Build a Bunker
Well, the underground bomb shelter thing may be a bit much. But you can always add a freestanding storage structure to your backyard instead. These mini-barns and tiny houses look adorable and hold lots of family room rejects you're not quite ready to part with yet. If you've wanted to find another home for that barely-used Stairmaster, move it to the shed -- where it won't make you feel guilty every time you eat a cookie (or a doughnut or a harmless dish of ice cream). See how one small change can make you feel soooo much better?
- Home Depot. "Decorating 1-2-3." Meredith Books. 2000
- Let's Clean Up. "House Cleaning Tips." Undated. (3/11/11).http://www.lets-clean-up.com/house_cleaning_tips.html
- Life Organizers. "10 Ways to Declutter Your Home." Undated. (3/11/11).http://www.lifeorganizers.com/cm_articles/102_10_ways_to_declutter_your_home_280.html
- My Great Home. "Storage Solutions For Your Home." Undated. (3/11/11).http://www.mygreathome.com/indoors/organization/storage.htm
- Walton, Stewart and Sally Walton. "The Complete Home Decorator." Anness Publishing Ltd. 1997
HowStuffWorks finds out how often you should wash your coffee cup or mug to avoid germs.