If you've organized and purged to your heart's content and your closets are still packed to the gills, it's time to start thinking out of the box -- or, shall we say, into the box. A storage ottoman is the perfect spot to hide the overflow from your linen closet or sweater shelves -- or anything you don't need to access on a daily basis. And your houseguests will never suspect that they're resting their feet on top of the sheets and blankets they'll be sleeping on later.
- Budget Fashionista. "Spring Cleaning: Tips for Organizing Your Closet." March 7, 2011. (Jan. 13, 2012) http://www.thebudgetfashionista.com/archive/closet-spring-cleaning-tips/
- Coffey, Sarah. "20 Ways to Organize Your Bedroom Closet." Apartment Therapy. Feb. 19, 2008. (Jan. 13, 2012) http://www.apartmenttherapy.com/ways-to-organize-your-dresser-43236
- Martha Stewart. "A Call to Order: Maximizing Your Closet Space." (Jan. 13, 2012) http://www.marthastewart.com/274465/a-call-to-order-maximizing-your-closet-s
- Real Simple. "31 Ways to Make Over Your Closets." (Jan. 13, 2012) http://www.realsimple.com/home-organizing/organizing/closets/inspirational-closets-00000000013792/index.html
- Space Bag Brand. (Jan. 16, 2012) https://www.spacebagbrand.com/Space-Bag-Store.dtm
- Target. "Hangers." (Jan. 16, 2012) http://www.target.com/s?searchTerm=hangers&category=0|All|matchallany|all+categories
Living in clutter can actually be very bad for your health, both physical and mental. HowStuffWorks digs into the mess.