Coupon Organizing Software
With technology as accessible as it is today, you may have most of your life organized on your laptop or PDA. If this is the case, you may find a coupon organizing system handier if it's on your computer. Luckily, there are many different types of online programs and downloadable software available for you to try. Most are either free or relatively inexpensive.
There are many options out there for coupon organizing software, but most offer similar perks. First of all, having your coupons organized on your computer allows you to have a printable and searchable list of every coupon you have. This is especially helpful for those who have a large collection of coupons and may not be able to remember what they have when planning a shopping trip [source: CNET]. Having this list will help you minimize your planning time before heading to the store.
Also, many of these programs will allow you to search for coupons that have expired or are about to expire, which will help you weed out old coupons and help you use coupons before they expire [source: MicroBlast Software]. Again, if you don't think you'll be able to sort through your collection manually with ease, having a log of your coupons on the computer can make shopping and saving much more manageable.
As you assess your shopping routine, you'll figure out how many coupons you tend to use and the best way to manage them to maximize your savings. By making coupon shopping an easy-to-manage habit, you'll find that you can stick to your budget and even save a little cash.
For more tips on how to organize your life, see the links below.
Related HowStuffWorks Articles
- CNET. "ProbuSoft Coupon Organizer 1.1." January 28, 2007. (Accessed 1/11/10)http://download.cnet.com/ProbuSoft-Coupon-Organizer/3000-2124_4-10622357.html
- Jones, Michelle. "Coupon Queen Savings: Get Your Grocery Coupons Organized." Living a Better Life. 2010. (Accessed 1/11/10)http://www.betterbudgeting.com/articles/frugal/couponqueen.htm
- MicroBlast Software. "Coupon Wizard for Windows." 2009. (Accessed 1/11/10)http://www.microblast.com/couponwizard.htm
- Moms Need to Know. "Coupon 101: Sorting and Organizing Your Coupons." January 6, 2009. (Accessed 1/11/10)http://www.momsneedtoknow.com/2009/01/06/coupon-101-sorting-and-organizing-your-coupons/
- Neighborhood Link National Network. "Using Grocery Coupons Effectively." 2010. (Accessed 1/11/10)http://www.neighborhoodlink.com/article/Thrifty/Using_Grocery_Coupons_Effectively_To_Save_Money
- The Simple Dollar. "How We Organize Our Coupons and Execute Our Coupon Strategy." June 13, 2008. (Accessed 1/11/10)http://www.thesimpledollar.com/2008/06/13/how-we-organize-our-coupons-and-execute-our-coupon-strategy/
- Thrifty Fun. "Organizing Coupons." November 14, 2006. (Accessed 1/11/10)http://www.thriftyfun.com/tf000782.tip.html
- Tipnut. "Making a Coupon Organizer System -- How to Guide." August 11, 2009. (Accessed 1/11/10)http://tipnut.com/coupon-organizer-system/
- Trejos, Nancy. "Snipping, Clipping, Scrimping; On Paper and Online, Coupons Are Coming Back." The Washington Post. October 26, 2008. (Accessed 1/20/10)