Kitchens can be hard to clean after even minor neglect, so the best spring cleaning advice we can give is not to wait till spring to tackle your kitchen messes:
- Vacuum the refrigerator vents and condenser coils monthly.
- Clean your garbage disposal with a sprinkling of baking soda and vinegar to foam away gunk and eliminate odor once a week.
- Place a wet sponge in your microwave for a minute on high heat every few days to loosen baked on food. Then give the interior a good wipe down.
- Use a mild soap to clean your cabinets every month, especially the doors and drawer fronts.
- Remove everything from your countertops, and wipe them down with an antibacterial soap once every few days. Some people like to do this daily. While you're at it, clean the can opener, too.
- Always cover or wrap foods intended for the refrigerator, and clean up spills in the fridge right away. Give your refrigerator and freezer a thorough cleaning twice a year.
- Clean up oven messes immediately, and keep your stovetop sparkling. It will cut down on the stale food smell that lingers long after the meal is over.
Spring cleaning doesn't have to be a blight on your precious weekend. With a couple of hours and a strategy, you can get your interior spaces clean and still have time to do something fun before the sun goes down.