Lots More Information
Companies have rekindled the fire grenade, made it simple and nontoxic, and dubbed it the throwable fire extinguisher. Learn more at HowStuffWorks.
Author's Note: 10 Must Haves in a Storm Survival Kit
This might seem like a lot of things to put in your kit. Most everything here you probably already have, if not, you need to prepare. If you know a storm is brewing, gather all these items in a dry and cool place. Place them in water-tight containers that you can easily access.
More Great Links
- Amazon.com. "Black & Decker Storm Station All-in-One Rechargeable Power." (June 12, 2012). http://www.amazon.com/Black-Decker-StormStation-Rechargeable-SS925/dp/B000B8GBCC
- DiPino, David. "Hurricane preparation expert offers advice as storm season nears." Ft. Lauderdale Sun Sentinel. May 23, 2012. (June 12, 2012). http://articles.sun-sentinel.com/2012-05-23/news/fl-drf-hurricane-0523-20120523_1_storm-season-hurricane-storm-approaches
- FEMA.com. "Basic Disaster Supplies Kit." (June 12, 2012). http://www.ready.gov/basic-disaster-supplies-kit
- FEMA.com. "Build a Kit." (June 12, 2012). http://www.ready.gov/build-a-kit
- FEMA.com. "Food." (June 12, 2012). http://www.ready.gov/food
- FEMA.com. "Water." (June 12, 2012). http://www.ready.gov/water
- My Great Home. "What Belongs in an Emergency Kit." (June 12, 2012). http://www.mygreathome.com/safety/severe_weather/emergency_kit.htm
- NOAA.com. "NOAA Weather Radio All Hazards." (June 12, 2012). http://www.nws.noaa.gov/nwr/