Related HowStuffWorks Articles
- 10 Everyday Dangerous Things in Your Home
- A Guide to Home Safety
- Is insulation dangerous?
- How the EPA Works
- How Ozone Pollution Works
- How Radon Works
- How to Install Carpeting
- How Laser Printers Work
- How can ozone be both good and bad?
- How to Prevent Garden Pests
- What is in a moth ball?
- Is it safer to remove asbestos from a building or leave it there?
- What's with China and lead poisoning?
More Great Links
- American Lung Association. "Indoor Air Pollution Fact Sheet." August 1999. (June 17, 2008).http://www.lungusa.org/site/c.dvLUK9O0E/b.35381/
- Bower, Lynn Marie. "Creating a Healthy Household." The Healthy House Institute. 2000.
- Brunker, Mike. "Are FEMA trailers 'toxic tin cans'?" Msnbc.com. July 25, 2006. (June 20, 2008)http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/14011193/
- Consumers Union. "Consumer Reports Investigates Ionizing Air Cleaners: five models are not recommended; some can create significant levels of potentially harmful indoor ozone." May 2005. (June 17, 2008)http://www.consumerreports.org/cro/cu-press- room/pressroom/archive/2005/05/eng0505cln.htm?resultPageIndex=1&resultInde x=2&searchTerm=ionizing%20air%20cleaners
- Dooley, Erin. "The Beat: Cabin Fever Fears Unfounded." Environmental Health Perspectives." July 2005. (June 17, 2008)http://www.ehponline.org/docs/2005/113-7/forum.html#beat
- Dunn, Collin. "Green Basics: Indoor Air Pollution." Oct. 11, 2007. (June 17, 2008)http://www.treehugger.com/files/2007/10/green-basics-indoor-air-pollution.php
- Environment News Service. "FEMA Hurries Hurricane Survivors Out of Toxic Trailers." Feb. 15, 2008. (June 20, 2008)http://www.ens-newswire.com/ens/feb2008/2008-02-15-02.asp
- EPA. "The Inside Story: A Guide to Indoor Air Quality." April 25, 2008. (June 17, 2008)http://www.epa.gov/iaq/pubs/insidest.html
- May, Jeffrey C. "My Office is Killing Me." Baltimore: Johns Hopkins University, 2006.
- World Health Organization. "Indoor air pollution." 2008. (June 17, 2008)http://www.who.int/indoorair/en/