Can anyone adequately prepare for a hurricane? I think not, but these tips can make an awful situation seem less dangerous. They key is to use common sense, and when it's time to leave, please go. You can return later.
More Great Links
- Cannarsa, Andrew. "How to prepare for hurricane season." Baltimore Post-Examiner." June 9, 2012. (June 30, 2012). http://baltimorepostexaminer.com/how-to-prepare-for-hurricane-season/2012/06/09
- FEMA. "Protect Your Property from High Winds." (June 30, 2012). http://www.fema.gov/library/viewRecord.do?id=3263
- Fenton, Reuven, Livingston, Ikimulisa and Sanderson, Bill. "Hurricane Irene on path toward New York City and Long Island." New York Post. Aug. 26, 2011. (June 30, 2012). http://www.nypost.com/p/news/national/irene_becomes_major_hurricane_as_T09PLRDmLThEFZj7D9Q5NO
- Hurricane Science.org. "Hurricanes: Science and Society." (June 30, 2012). http://www.hurricanescience.org/science/forecast/models/modelshistory/
- Ready.gov. "Build a Kit." (June 30, 2012). http://www.ready.gov/build-a-kit
- Ready.gov. "Hurricanes." (June 30, 2012). http://www.ready.gov/hurricanes