What You'll Need (for each checkmark):
- 2 lengths 1x10-inch pine shelving, 10 and 20 inches long
- Hammer and 4 to 6 brads
- Wood glue
- Damp rag
- Fine-grade sandpaper
- Paint and paintbrush
- Screws and 3/4-inch-wide keyhole plates, 3 each
- 3 drywall anchors
- Using hammer, tap brads about 11/2 inches apart along 1 side edge of 10-inch length of shelving so brads are secure but not through wood. Apply line of glue along same edge on opposite side of brads.
- Position shelving on wall as desired, marking screw holes with pencil. Attach keyhole plates to edge of checkmark at top, bottom, and top of bottom portion of checkmark. Using screwdriver and drywall anchors, secure screws into wall, leaving unscrewed about 1/4 inch. Hang shelf onto screws.
- Repeat steps for more checkmark shelves.
These unique shelves are a complimentary storage solution for the Sports Authorities teen bedroom decorating idea.
For more home decorating and design ideas, see the links below.
Related HowStuffWorks Articles
- Teen Bedroom Decorating Ideas
- Kids' Bedroom Decorating Ideas
- Toddler Bedroom Decorating Ideas
- Baby Nursery Decorating Ideas
- Bedroom Decorating Ideas
- Kids' Bathroom Decorating Ideas
- How to Design Children's Rooms
- Safety Tips for Decorating Kids' Rooms
- How to Stencil Kids' Rooms
- How to Furnish a Small Space
- How to Organize Shelves
- What does thread count really mean?
- What's the difference between a designer and a decorator?