Related HowStuffWorks Articles
- How often are septic tanks emptied, and where do the contents go?
- What if everybody in the United States flushed their toilet at the same time?
- How to Repair a Toilet
- What's the most expensive toilet in the world?
- How Dual Flush Toilets Work
- How green is a self-contained composting toilet?
- How does going to the bathroom in space work?
- Green Home Quiz
- Are my bath habits destroying marine ecology?
More Great Links
- "About Ultra Low Flush Toilets." A Massachusetts Water Resources Authority Publication.
- Interview with Ernesta Jones, Environmental Protection Agency
- Interview with John Koeller, Alliance for Water Efficiency,
- Interview with Terry Love, Love Plumbing & Remodelhttp://www.terrylove.com
- "Low-Flush Toilets Save Money and Water." BobVila.comhttp://www.bobvila.com/HowTo_Library/Low_Flush_Toilets_Save_Money_and_Water-Subject_Plumbing_Toilets-A2492.html
- Maas, William. "Five Tips for Choosing a Low-Flow Toilet." GreenHomeGuidehttp://la.greenhomeguide.com
- "Residential Rebate Program." Pasadena Water and Power.http://www.cityofpasadena.net/waterandpower/program_dualflush_residential.asp
- "Residential Water Conservation." Sustainability of Semi-arid Hydrology and Riparian Areas.http://www.sahra.arizona.edu/programs/water_cons/home/bathroom_toilet.htm
- Tagami, Ty. "New Rules to Flush Out Old Toilets." Atlanta Journal and Constitution. (March 13, 2008)http://www.ajc.com/print/content/printedition/2008/03/13/toilets0313cl.html
- Water-Efficient Toilets. Massachusetts Water Resources Authority. http://www.mwra.state.ma.us/comsupport/watersaving/toilets.htm
- "WaterSense." Environmental Protection Agency. http://www.epa.gov/WaterSense/pubs/toilets.htm