- Shade Tree
- Rounded Spade
- 12-12-12 Fertilizer (12% Phosphorous, 12% Potassium, 12% Nitrogen)
- 2 Tree Stakes
- Old Garden Hose
- Use rounded spade to dig hole to depth that tree is sitting in original container.
- Add fertilizer to bottom of hole.
- Remove tree from original container, place tree in new hole.
- Back fill with native soil. Be sure to get the dirt around all the root so there are no open air pockets.
- Tamp the soil down around the tree by stomping it with your foot.
- Dig out a shallow trench around the whole tree so water will collect and slowly water the root system.
- Bury stakes on both sides of the tree.
- Use rope to secure stakes to tree. Place pieces of old garden hose between the rope and the tree trunk as a barrier, this way the rope won't cut into the tree.
- Water everyday.