Have Cash for Tips
The movers have been schlepping your stuff all day, and if you have a long-distance move, the process is just beginning. They may have a long drive ahead of them to your new house, or they might need to pack several households' belongings into a large semi trailer and make several stops on a cross-country trip. Any way you pack it, moving's a tough job, so have some cash on hand to show that you appreciate their hard work, especially if they do a quick, thorough job of taking care of your belongings.
- Bekins. "Packing Materials Guide." 2011. (Jan. 27, 2012) http://www.bekins.com/moving/packing-materials-guide
- Johnson, Stacy. "7 Tips to Save at least $1,000 on Your Next Move." Money Talks News. June 9, 2010. (Jan. 27, 2012) http://www.moneytalksnews.com/2010/06/09/7-tips-to-save-at-least-1000-on-your-next-move/
- Levesque, Sidney. "Tips for a successful move: Cheaper isn't always better" Jan. 3, 2012. (Jan. 27, 2012) http://www.reporternews.com/news/2012/jan/03/tips-for-a-succsessful-move-cheaper-isnt-always/
- Realtor. "10 Summer Moving Tips." 2012. (Jan. 27, 2012) http://www.realtor.com/home-finance/real-estate/buyers/summer-moving-tips.aspx?source=web
- Relocation. "How to Tip Your Movers." May 23, 2012. (Feb. 07, 2012) http://www.relocation.com/library/moving_guide/tipping_movers.html
There are some things you should do before you move abroad. Check out these 5 things you should do before you move abroad.