Yes, with some work and a little luck, you may be able to get out of that dump and into the home of your dreams, or at least into a house where all the toilets work. Take some pictures before you do a major cleanup, though. Life's passages can be so contrary. Just when your kids are getting ready to move out for good, you'll think back on the old house, with its clutter, tiny windows and flimsy doors, and wish you'd kept a few pictures to remind you of what those unpredictable, implausible, frustrating and totally extraordinary early years were all about.
- Big Success. "4 Things-to-Do Before Listing Your House for Sale." 3/17/08. (3/15/11).http://biggsuccess.com/bigg-articles/4-things-to-do-before-listing-your-house-for-sale/
- Colbeth, David. "5 Things to Do Before Listing Your Home." 3/4/11. (3/15/11).http://davidcolbeth.wordpress.com/2011/03/04/5-things-to-do-before-listing-your-home/
- Find Law "Things to Do Before Listing Your Property for Sale." Undated. (3/15/11).http://realestate.findlaw.com/selling-home/selling-home-process/le14_7top.html
- Home Insight. "7 Keys to Selling Your House when Sales Are Slow." Undated. (3/15/11).http://homeinsight.org/details.asp?url_id=5&WT.cg_n=Publications&WT.cg_s=0&GCID=Direct
- Inspect USA. "Things to Do Before Listing Your House for Sale & Being Prepared for The Home Inspection." 12/5/10. (3/15/11).http://inspectusa.com/blog/things-to-do-before-listing-your-house-for-sale-before-the-homeinspection/
- Jauhari, Nurudin. "10 Things to Do Before Listing Your Home." Blunt Money. 5/5/07. (3/15/11).http://www.bluntmoney.com/10-things-to-do-before-listing-your-home/
- Molina, Renee. 5 Things To Do Before Listing Your Property." 6/5/10. (3/15/11).http://realtorreneemolina.com/blog/2010/06/05/5-things-to-do-before-listing-your-property/
- Real Estate Investment. "Should you fix up your home before listing it? 2/27/11. (3/15/11).http://www.hrgoweb.org/2011/02/real-estate-sales-should-you-fix-up-your-home-before-listing-it/
HowStuffWorks look at the legal steps you need to take to evict a guest who has overstayed their welcome.