Health Benefits of Tomatoes
©2007 Publications International, Ltd.
Tomatoes are the centerpiece of the
Tomato and Capers Crostini Recipe.
They also contain beta-carotene and several other carotenoids that may have their own disease-preventing properties, particularly against heart disease and cancer. One carotenoid, lycopene, may help reduce the risk of prostate cancer. Tomatoes also offer a good dose of that possible stroke preventer, potassium.
|Fat||0 g |
|Saturated Fat||0 g|
|Dietary Fiber ||1 g|
|Sodium ||6 mg|
|Vitamin A||1,025 IU|
|Vitamin C||15 mg|
Want more information about tomatoes? Try:
- Tomato Recipes: Cook with this delicious plant.
- Nutrition: Find out how tomatoes fit in with your overall nutrition plans.
- How to Remove Tomato Stains: Have a spill? Learn how to get tomato stains out of everything.
- Vegetable Gardens: Grow a full harvest of great vegetables this year.
- Gardening: We answer your questions about all things that come from the garden.