They're Easier to Have Repaired
If your washing machine does break down and you need to call in a professional, it's likely easier to get your top-load washer repaired. These machines use common parts and mechanisms, so both parts and service are easier to obtain. Front-load washing machines are more complex, and may take more time -- and money -- to get fixed.
More service people are familiar with top-load washing machines, too, so you'll have more repair personnel to choose from -- and that results in competitive labor prices.
To find out more about washers and other home appliances, check out the links below.
- "Alva John Fisher Biography." Bio.com. 2010. (July 2, 2010) http://www.biography.com/articles/Alva-John-Fisher-9295795
- Cheplic, Michele. "Is It Time For A Front-Load Washing Machine?" Families.com. 2010. (July 2, 2010) http://home.families.com/blog/is-it-time-for-a-front-load-washing-machine
- "The Benefits of Front-Loading vs. Top-Loading Washers." ManualsOnline.com. 2010. (July 2, 2010) http://articles.manualsonline.com/the-benefits-of-front-loading-vs-top-loading-washers.html
- "Washing Machines." Best Buy. 2010. (July 2, 2010) http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Washers-Dryers/Washers-Washing-Machines/abcat0910001.c?id=abcat0910001
- "Washers." Maytag.com. 2010. (July 2, 2010) http://www.maytag.com/catalog/category.jsp?cat=18&N=20000043+20000042
- "Washers." Whirlpool.com. 2010. (July 2, 2010) http://www.whirlpool.com/catalog/category.jsp?cat=115
- "Washing Machines: Reviews." ConsumerSearch. March 2010. (July 2, 2010) http://www.consumersearch.com/washing-machine-reviews
- "Which Washer-Dryer: Front-Load or Top-Load?" DoItYourself.com. 2010. (July 2, 2010) http://www.doityourself.com/stry/which-washerdryer-frontload-or-topload
HowStuffWorks looks at the ins and outs of bathroom exhaust fans, including what they do, how to use them and what to watch out for.