Follow these steps to remove red dye stains from washable fabrics such as Acrylic Fabric, Cotton, Linen, Modacrylic, Nylon, Olefin, Polyester and Spandex:
- Soak the item in a solution of 1 quart warm water, 1/2 teaspoon liquid dishwashing or laundry detergent, and 1 tablespoon ammonia for 30 minutes.
- Rinse well.
If stain persists:
- Soak in a solution of 1 quart warm water and 1 tablespoon white vinegar for 1 hour. Use white vinegar with care on cotton and linen.
- Rinse well with water and allow to dry.
If stain is set:
- Try applying rubbing alcohol to the area and tamping (the method of bringing a brush down with light strokes on stained durable fabrics and materials).
- As stain loosens, blot liquid and stain with absorbent pad.
- Keep both the stain and pad moist with alcohol and change pad as it picks up stain.
- Allow to dry.
As a last resort for any remaining traces of stain:
- Mix a color remover according to package directions and apply to stain.
- After testing on a hidden place, flush the solution through the stain.
- Rinse well with clear water and allow to dry thoroughly.