Lots More Information
Most homeowners insurance won't cover your home if you're renting it via sites like Airbnb. HowStuffWorks looks at insurance policies that will.
Author's Note: 5 Things Homeowners Insurance Won't Cover
Don't be afraid to argue with your insurance company if you think something should be covered. These days, they're more than happy to have your business.
More Great Links
- All Safe Insurance. "Terrorism Insurance." (March 29, 2012). http://allsafeinsurance.net/blog/archives/152
- Bradenton Herald. "Spring is Flood Season and a Reminder to Consider Buying Flood Insurance Policy." March 20, 2012. (March 26, 2012).
- KCCI.com. "Homeowners Find Insurance Won't Cover Floods." Aug. 13, 2010. (March 29, 2012). http://www.kcci.com/r/24628304/detail.html
- Larson, Heater. "Dogs on insurance blacklist." Bankrate.com. (March 29, 2012). http://www.bankrate.com/finance/insurance/homeowners-insurance-bites-dogs-that-bite-1.aspx
- Moran, Grew. "Homeowners Insurance: is Terrorism Covered?" Houselogic. April 9, 2010. (March 29, 2012). http://www.houselogic.com/home-advice/home-insurance/homeowners-insurance-terrorism-covered/
- New, Catherine. "Unusual Earthquakes Leave Many Wondering: Is my Home Covered." AOL.com. Aug. 23, 2011. (March 29, 2012). http://www.dailyfinance.com/2011/08/23/unusual-earthquakes-leave-many-wondering-is-my-home-covered/
- Palmer, Kimberly. "When Homeowners Insurance Won't Protect you: Surprised by holes in insurance coverage? Keeping records and fighting back can mean a happier ending." March 8, 2012. (March 29, 2012). http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/sns-201203081144usnewsusnwr201203070307insurancemar08,0,3983914.story
- Patel, Julie. "Surprise: 10 risks your home insurance may not cover." Sun Sentinel. Sept. 2, 2011. (March 29, 2012). http://articles.sun-sentinel.com/2011-09-02/business/fl-insurance-policy-exclusions-20110902_1_trampolines-home-insurance-insurance-information-institute