Any kitchen can benefit from a little extra attention to detail to something that's not quite right -- a wasted space, awkward access to a frequently used cupboard or shelf, a worn-out countertop in an otherwise beautiful kitchen. Taking care of these details can turn into productive and interesting projects, and can make your kitchen a more pleasant place to work and spend time.
You can learn how to do it yourself in this article. Learn how to laminate a countertop, create a pantry, install a roll-out shelf, and build a spice rack.
We'll get started in the next section by learning how to laminate a countertop.For more information on making improvements to your kitchen, try the following links:
- If you're interested in planning a new kitchen, see our article on How to Design a Kitchen.
- For ideas on what types of materials can enhance your kitchen, see A Guide to Kitchen Remodeling Materials.
- If you want to save money on repairing your appliances, check out the instructions in How to Repair Kitchen Equipment.
- Make sure no one gets hurt when you're working on your kitchen using our Home-Repair Safety Tips.
- Planet Green: Green Kitchens