Property Tax Web Sites
While some mortgage calculators will help you figure out how much in taxes to expect from your new residence, others ignore them completely or want you to input the dollar amount manually. Thinking about taxes isn't much fun, but government Web sites are there to ease us through the pain. Every state has a Department of Revenue with tax records and a wealth of government-provided information.
The Free Public Records Directory aggregates a huge number of state government Web sites. Just enter your ZIP code to view the county's public records Web sites. Official property search tools can give you a detailed description of any address you plug in. Armed with tax information, mortgage calculators and a huge selection of realty search engines, it's time to go out and find that perfect home.
Related HowStuffWorks Articles
More Great Links
- Alexa.com. "Top Sites By Category: Business/Real Estate." (Nov. 6, 2010).http://www.alexa.com/topsites/category/Top/Business/Real_Estate
- Boero, Brian. "15 real estate related iPhone apps you need to check out." July 29, 2009. (Nov. 3 2010).http://www.1000wattconsulting.com/blog/2009/07/15-real-estate-related-iphone-apps-you-need-to-check-out-2.html
- Google.com. "Google Milestones." (Nov. 10, 2010).http://www.google.com/corporate/milestones.html#2005
- iPhoneness.com. "15 Best Real Estate iPhone Applications." (Nov. 3, 2010).http://www.iphoneness.com/iphone-apps/15-best-real-estate-iphone-applications/
- Jeacle, Karl. "Karl Jeacle's Mortgage Calculator." (Nov. 10, 2010).http://www.drcalculator.com/mortgage/mobile/
- Redfin.com. "Why Redfin Is Way Better." (Nov. 7, 2010).http://www.redfin.com/buy-a-home/why-redfins-better?src=homepage-btn
- Smarteragent.com. "Innovation." (Nov. 7, 2010).http://www.smarteragent.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=47
- Smarteragent.com. "Mobile for Consumers." (Nov. 7, 2010).http://smarteragent.com/mobileforconsumers/
- Trulia.com. "Trulia Voices Real Estate Blogs." (Nov. 7, 2010).http://www.trulia.com/voices/blogs/
- Zillow.com. "What Zillow Offers." (Nov. 6, 2010).http://www.zillow.com/learnmore/what-you-can-do-on-zillow.htm
- ZipRealty.com. "HomeScan: ZipRealty's powerful new iPhone app feature." (Nov. 7, 2010).http://www.ziprealty.com/iphone/
Comparing home loans can be confusing, but there is a method to the madness. We'll explain why the annual percentage rate is the figure you should be paying attention to.