Follow these steps to remove food coloring and hair dye stains from washable fabrics such as Acrylic Fabric, Modacrylic, Nylon, Olefin, Polyester and Spandex:
- Presoak (the method of soaking in the washer or in a sink or tub before washing) in a solution of 1 quart warm water, 1/2 teaspoon liquid dishwashing or laundry detergent, and 1 tablespoon white vinegar for 15 minutes.
- Rinse well.
- Launder as soon as possible.
If stain still remains:
- Mix a solution of 1 tablespoon ammonia to 1 cup water.
- Be sure to test on a hidden seam first, then carefully, using an eyedropper, drop solution onto stain.
- Blot with an absorbent pad.
- Flush with clear water.
- Place an absorbent pad over the stain and weight it down.
- When no more liquid is absorbed, allow it to thoroughly air dry.